Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm Trying To Get a Handle On This Toddler Thing.

Yesterday I mentioned on Twitter that I was reading "Happiest Toddler on the Block" in order to get a hold on this Toddlerhood we are now entering! Toddlerhood is upon us and it is here with a vengeance! The meltdowns, the crying, the tantrums, oh my. I swear he woke up on his first birthday and another baby took over my sweet, lovable, mellow one!

We now are mad if we have a toy we wanted in the first place. Mad when he is not allowed to touch something. Mad when he falls. Mad when he throws a toy that he was playing with. Just mad and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the anger. I don't want an unhappy baby. It isn't fair to either one of us. But I do feel like it is my fault! Why can't I make him happy? I am supposed to be that person to comfort him and help him out. To wipe those tears from his eyes and make things better. I try to do just that and guess what? HE IS MAD! I can't win!

This is why I turned to reading a book. I never read any books regarding baby business when I was pregnant, or after I had Baby D. I kinda winged it and I feel like I did a pretty good job. My fear with reading too many books was that I would be bombarded with way too much information, be overwhelmed and do it all wrong. So I just kinda did what I thought worked for us and it was ok. Everyone is different though.

So here I am going against my own belief in over reading things and asking you all for advice! I am reading "Happiest Toddler on the Block" and would like to read one more book for another reference. 1, 2, 3 Magic and Toddler 411 were recommended to me by some tweeps. I am looking into those, but wonder if there are any others that you read that helped you through this tough time? Did you read anything at all? If not, what worked for you? I know this is a tough stage and it will get better. I just want to get a handle on the Toddler Meltdowns and help us both! Lord knows a happy baby makes for a happy mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...