Monday, April 25, 2011

This is How We Did Easter.

Last year we celebrated Easter with a 4 month old who didn't know what was what! He cooperated and kept the celebratory bunny ears on and didn't fight me on them!
We had a small celebration as a family and it was perfect.
Skip to one year later, and I have 15 month old who FOUGHT me on the ears and didn't cooperate! Such is life with a toddler!
We still had a great Easter and spent it with some friends and their families.

The Easter Bunny hooked D up this year with some cool finds from the dollar bin at Target, some truck books, a bath book, a giant egg with his name on it and an UffDa bunny sewn by the lovely Emily.
Huge hits in the basket this year were soccer ball eggs I found at Target, as well as a truck book and the bunny.


We had a nice Easter breakfast courtesy of Trader Joe's sweet rolls and Starbucks coffee.
I had grand plans to make The Pioneer Woman's rolls and take some to the party we were going to at noon.
BUT who am I kidding! I had zero time to get it all done.


I made one roll without icing for D. He hated it! Threw it and only wanted fruit! This kid is bizzare!!


I did manage to make some Easter treats for the party though!
Zomg! Easter Bark was to die for!


So most of my friends are parental units now. Everyone has babies or kids and they all played and ran around together and had a mini egg hunt! It was really fun and pretty rad seeing my friends kids playing with my Baby D.
The egg hunt was not a huge hit with D, BUT did like stopping in his tracks when he heard a plane. The joys of living in the LAX flight pattern!
Also, truck and car playing for hours!


My little bunny....


and the other little bunnies, June and Avery....


It was a fun day full of great friends and Easter eggs, candy, and yummy food.
So much fun was had that these two crashed....HARD!


I'm looking forward to next year when D gets a little more into Easter and the whole egg and bunny thing.
Hope everyone had a great Easter and a wonderful weekend!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...